“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
Our The Lord of the Rings Adventure
- Take train to NY
- Fly out of NY (JFK) 6pm, 2 stops LA (LAX) and Sydney (SYD). Arrive in Auckland 3:20pm.
- Kiwi International Hotel Cheap Hotels Auckland City Central Budget Accommodation
- Pick up the campervan :: NzEscapeRentals34 :: . We chose the one with the toilet.
- A Campsite Pass from the Department of Conservation will save us up to 50% off campsites. Campsite passes for campervans:
- Holiday parks & campgrounds | New Zealand
- Tour the Hobbiton Movie Set Experience the magic of Hobbiton™
Day 6 – 34:
We plan to pretty much follow The Ultimate Middle-earth itinerary | New Zealand as we ferry between the North and South islands. Other ideas might include.
- Weta Workshop – conceptual design and physical manufacturing for creative industries » Weta Workshop
- Carve a pounamu for each other. The waters of greenstone | New Zealand
- Environmental Conservation | Love Volunteers
- Te Araroa – New Zealand’s Trail – Top 6 Day Walks
- Rotorua rafting – Kaitiaki Adventures
- Sailing | New Zealand
- Rent a bike
- 26.2 mile hike
- New Zealand must-do experiences | New Zealand
- Arts & culture | New Zealand
- Lord of the Rings Filming Locations in New Zealand – Finding the Universe
- 5 Middle Earth Locations You Can Visit in New Zealand
- Driving in New Zealand – Guide for Tourists
- Must-do Free Experiences in New Zealand | New Zealand
- Regulatory road signs in New Zealand
- Return the camper in Auckland
- Find a hotel to stay at.
- Fly out of AUK at 6:50am and arrive in NY at 4:40pm.